Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Episode 33: Malai Koftay inspired by Agra Restaurant

Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
Back in early November my brother and his wife invited Aliya and I to an Agra Indian Restaurant (Link) to celebrate Aliya's birthday.  We had an excellent meal of Malai Koftay (vegetarian version of meatballs), samosa, pakora, sauces and chutneys.
Aliya had been wanting to make this dish.  As a first timer, she did a great job.  I think she was disappointed about the texture (using cottage cheese made it difficult to hold their meatball shape) but texture and taste was excellent.  I don't believe I would be able to distinguish Chef Aliya's version from Agra's.  Only thing missing at dinner were fresh naan :P  Family loved it too so we do have a winner here.  

2 - Close to Perfection (check out Episode 34 to see why Malai Koftay only receive a 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment