Thursday, December 20, 2012

Episode 38: Kali Daal loaded with Garlic Bhagaar (A wish comes true)

Wednesday December 5th, 2012
After a day of Apple lunch and Protein shake Chef Aliya prepared Kali Daal (Black Gram Sabut Urad Dal) on my request.  She is not a huge fan of it but this little super lentil has been a staple meal for me since childhood.  Especially now that I am slightly more health conscious, knowing that lentil provides good plant based protein I love Kali Daal even more.  Kali (Black) Daal (Lentil) by Chef Aliya was nothing I have tasted before... it was packed full of flavor mostly because she cooks it for a long time and loads it with a ton of sauteed garlic, ginger and onion.

I can fill a glass or jug and just simply drink this stuff.  YUM!!!

1 - Just Perfect!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment